Diamond Jubilee events, pictures, weather for Hull and East Yorkshire
The Diamond Jubilee celebrations continue today with the Humber Flotilla, Lord Mayor's Parade and a day of celebrations in Beverley among the big events.
Diamond Jubilee pictures featured in the Hull Daily Mail can be viewed and bought here. Wednesday's Mail will feature an 12-page picture pull-out.
Follow the links for pictures and information about selected events.
Combi Boiler fitted for £960.00
Ideal Logic boiler
Please inquire for further details
existing boiler must be a combi
extra costs would occur if new gas supply pipe needed to gas meter
condensate drain point must be within 3 meters of the boiler
Contact: 01482 423356
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
Saturday, June 2
• The Humber Bridge Soap Box Derby took place in Hessle.
• The Andy Warhol exhibition opened at Hull Ferens Art Gallery.
• Rule Becktania got under way at Beverley Beck.
• Celebrations were held in Newland Avenue, Hull, with stalls, family entertainment and music at the Piper.
• East Park's splash boat reopened for the jubilee weekend after a two-year absence.
• A Diamond Jubilee Night was held at Beverley Memorial Hall.
• Meanwhile, over the bridge, Barton kicked off a weekend of celebrations with a 1950s dance.
Sunday, June 3
• Runners braved the rain for the Jane Tomlinson Run For All Hull 10k in the city centre this morning.
• Rule Becktania continued with a flotilla of about 40 boats - the biggest gathering since 1920.
• The Hessle Feast, the Big Hessle Jubilee Lunch, went ahead in Hessle Square despite the rain.
• North Ferriby held a Big Lunch and a Battle of the Bands, in the village Hall.
• Giant Jubilee Day was held in Market Weighton.
• Trailer Trash was held at the Old Grey Mare in Cottingham Road (also Monday and Tuesday).
• The Cottingham Springboard music festival continued at the Black Prince.
• Barton's Ropewalk held a Diamond Jubilee tea party.
• Goole folk braved the bad weather to enjoy a Jubilee Big Lunch in the huge polytunnel at the Yorkshire Waterways Museum's allotments.
Monday, June 4
Weather forecast: Sunshine will break through the clouds. Showers. 13C.
• The Humber Diamond Jubilee Flotilla has sailed. It mustered at St Andrew's Quay before setting sail just after 6pm, passing Hessle Foreshore and North Ferriby. It was set to cross the estuary to South Ferriby Cliff at 7.15pm, passing Barton upon Humber at approximately 7.45pm.
Beacons will be lit on each foreshore at around 10pm, shortly before the Queen lights the national beacon in London and search lights will light the towers of the Humber Bridge.
• The sun finally came out today for the Lord Mayor's Parade through Hull city centre.
Hull's Diamond Jubilee celebrations are continuing in Queens Gardens with family entertainment and big screen coverage of the Diamond Jubilee Concert from Buckingham Palace. A beacon will be lit at 10.15pm.
1pm-7pm: Dance, music and children’s activities, Queens Gardens/Rosebowl Area
1pm-5pm: Traditional family sports games, Queen Victoria Square
Noon-4pm: Jubilee craft workshops, Ferens Art Gallery
1.30pm-2.30pm: Lord Mayor's Parade - Hull College, Wilberforce Drive, Lowgate, Silver Street, Whitefriargate, Carr Lane, Paragon Street, South Street, Carr Lane, Guildhall Road, Wilberforce Drive, Hull College.
2.30pm-5pm: COOLture 2012, Hull City Hall
7pm-10.15pm: Diamond Jubilee Concert, Big Screen, Queens Gardens
10.15pm: Beacon Lighting and Laser Show, Queens Gardens
• Cottingham Diamond Jubilee day, 2pm-10.30pm. Cottingham Pavilion.
• Beverley Diamond Jubilee Celebrations, culminating with fireworks and the lighting of a beacon on the Minster. Family entertainment and music begins at 11am and concludes with fireworks and the lighting of a beacon at the Minster at 10.30pm.
• North Ferriby Fun Day, at the North Ferriby Walkway, including a Viking re-enactment group from Yorvic.
• Hessle Gala: sea shanty and folk, along with contemporary music and an orchestra, from 3pm.
• Diamond Jubilee Car Rally will pass through the East Riding and stay overnight at The Village Hotel, Hessle.
Tuesday, June 5
Weather forecast: Overcast with showers. 13C.
Norfest fundraising festival at the Norland Pub, First Lane, Hessle. Two 40ft trailers with at least 11 bands playing throughout the day, plus family entertainment. Proceeds to the Echoes Foundation.
• The Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Gardens have been opened in Beverley.
• Johnny Pat's Jubilee concert will be held at Hull New Theatre on June 6 at 7.30pm.
• Shirley Higton has written this Diamond Jubilee song for Bridlington.
Video of the Humber Sloop Spider T leaving for the Thames flotilla.
• The Mail's Diamond Jubilee Flashback special is in newsagents now, featuring 32 pages of memories of the Queen's visits to our area, from 1954 to 2009.