East Yorkshire's tourism stars unveiled at awards ceremony
THE STARS of East Yorkshire’s tourism industry have been honoured in a prestigious awards ceremony.
The Remarkable East Yorkshire Tourism Awards (REYTAs) last night rewarded the hard work of staff at major visitor attractions and family-run pubs alike.
In a speech at the awards dinner in Willerby’s Mercure hotel, Visit Hull and East Yorkshire tourism manager Andy Gray said: “The REYTAs were created to recognise and reward both quality and achievement and this evening provides us with an opportunity to celebrate success and showcase all that is remarkable about tourism in Hull and East Yorkshire.”
Businesses entered 13 categories for their chance to win.
Dyson DC50i - Bagless upright vacuum cleaner - BALL Technology -...View details
Thisi is Dyson's smallest upright vacuum cleaner with the performance of a full size upright machine. The DC50i has Dyson's most advanced cleaner head technology and 2 Tier RadialTM cyclones.
Terms: LIMITED STOCK OFFER. FREE delivery to most UK postcodes - Next working day dispatch.
Contact: 01664 491439
Valid until: Monday, May 27 2013
Each entry was judged by a mystery shopper who visited anonymously.
Winners included the Goodmanham Arms, which picked up the Remarkable Pub prize, sponsored by Hull Daily Mail publishers Mail News and Media.
The winners of each category will now be entered into a national draw, competing against the best leisure businesses across the country.
As well as celebrating success, the REYTAs aim to drive innovation.
Councillor Jane Evison, portfolio holder for economic development, tourism and rural issues at East Riding Council, said: “Tourism plays a vital role in our local economy, bringing visitor spend to the area and providing employment for thousands of people.”
Here is the full list of winners:
• Remarkable Bed and Breakfast: Wolds Village
• Remarkable Cuppa: Potters Cafe and Bistro
• Remarkable Caravan Holiday Park or Holiday Village: Burton Constable Holiday Park and Arboretum
• Remarkable Fayre: Staal Smokehouse
• Remarkable Visitor Attraction: Ferens Art Gallery
• Remarkable Self Catering Provider: Broadgate Farm Cottages
• Remarkable Business Tourism: The Spa Bridlington
• Remarkable Sustainable Tourism: High Barn Cottages
• Remarkable Pub: Goodmanham Arms
• Remarkable Hotel Accommodation: Hallmark Hotel
• Remarkable Restaurant: Beverley Tickton Grange
• Remarkable Tourism Experience or Event: Beverley Festival of Christmas 2012
• Remarkable Passion: James MacKenzie, chef and owner of The Pipe and Glass Inn