Mum dies two years after house fire in Bridlington which killed her three children
A MOTHER whose three children were killed in a house fire has died.
Samantha Hudson, 29, was left brain damaged in the fire that claimed the lives of her children William, nine, AJ, five, and Maddie, three.
She died on Sunday, more than two years after the fire at her home in Clarence Avenue, Bridlington.
Samantha, 29, was found cuddling her three children in an upstairs bedroom once firefighters had battled through the flames to reach them.
Hull Aero Club is the place for you! For information, for bookings or to buy a flight as a special gift, phone us or see our website at www.hullaeroclub.co.uk
Terms: Trial flying lessons, 2-seat aircraft, half-hour £75, hour £130; 4-seat aircraft, half-hour £90, hour £160.
Contact: 01964 770415
Valid until: Sunday, June 02 2013
Nurse Lesley Salisbury, who tried in vain to save the children after they were brought out of the house, said: "She has now been reunited with her little ones and I hope her family can take some comfort from that."
Her funeral will take place on Tuesday at the Bridlington Emmanuel Church, where the children's funeral was held.
Samantha's parents, Robert and Sharon, were told their daughter was not expected to survive after the fire on November 11, 2010.
After the flames broke out while she slept in the living room, Samantha climbed two flights of stairs through thick, toxic smoke to collect each of her sleeping children from their beds.
She suffered severe brain damage and was put in a medically- induced coma at Scarborough General Hospital.
Although she regained consciousness, she remained unable to walk, talk or eat.
She spent a year in the brain rehabilitation unit of Goole and District Hospital, before she was moved to a care home in Holme-on- Spalding Moor last year.
Samantha's father Robert announced her death on his Facebook page.
He wrote: "Robert and Sharon Hudson are sorry to have to tell you that our Samantha peacefully passed away today at 8.15pm. RIP Sam Luv xx Love Mum and Dad xx."
After the children and Samantha were brought out of the house, neighbours desperately battled to resuscitate them in the street.
Although Samantha and her children had only moved to Clarence Avenue a few months before the fire, they are remembered fondly by their neighbours.
Mrs Salisbury said: "Of course, this news will bring everything back. It is such sad news but it is the end of a tragic chapter.
"Hopefully, her family will now be able to find some closure that she is now back with her children.
"The three children were always so friendly and happy and, to me, that is a reflection of their mum.
"They were only there for a short time, but they always used to stop and chat. Samantha was very neighbourly and we would have a laugh and a joke.
"Maddie loved my dog, Dylan, and would always stop to pat him.
"What happened was a complete tragedy. When Samantha was brought out of the house, there were signs of life, so we did the best we could for her.
"She has carried on fighting for a long time, but we know she did not have much quality of life.
"Now we will all grieve for her."
Neighbour Nick Gollop said: "It is just really sad. She had only moved on to the street a few months before the fire but I had spoken to her briefly a few times and she was always friendly.
"They were a really nice family."
An inquest concluded the fire was likely to have been caused by a discarded cigarette which set fire to the children's school uniforms in a pile on the living room floor.
It is believed Samantha had fallen asleep in the living room.
Her funeral will take place at the Bridlington Emmanuel Church at 1pm on Tuesday.