New Year's Eve: Posh parties and pub bashes in Hull and East Yorkshire
Forget dancing with dinosaurs, diners in Hull will be able to dance with sharks!
Well maybe not literally but a night of good food, cocktails and dancing is promised at a special New Year celebration at The Deep – home to more than 3,500 fish who will be swimming around as party-goers eat.
The space in the aquarium is transformed after the last visitor leaves, says catering manager Jean Garton.
"When the last visitor leaves at 6pm, staff are bringing out tables and chairs and we transform it completely," she said.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
"Guests are invited between courses to look at the fish and they love it. The tanks go darker as the evening goes on as we try to keep it as natural for the fish as we can. We have to be careful with out lights and sound and we cannot have any flashing lights."
The event, which Jean says is a magical one, also links up to the live Big Ben countdown to midnight as well as featuring a three course buffet.
Staff and guests join together to sing Auld Lang Syne as the final chime rings out and once the party is over, the space returns to its normal use in time for New Year’s Day visitors as The Deep only closes on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
The party at The Deep is a sell-out but we’ve found 10 other ways of seeing in the New Year in Hull.
1. Gala Ball – start the night with a Bucks Fizz and canapé reception at The Village Hull before enjoying a four-course carvery. That's followed by a tribute to two of the world’s greatest bands – Abba and the Bee Gee’s. Dancing is into the wee hours with a disco finishing at 2am. Tickets are £65 per person for the gala ball in the marquee.
Village Urban Resort Hull, Henry Boot Way, Priory Way, Hull, HU4 7DY T: 0871 222 4592
2. Black, White and Diamonds Party – this is the theme at Mercure for New Year’s Eve as it promises a sparkling night for revellers complete with a meal, party novelties, music and a countdown. Price is £79.95 per person or £86.95 per person to include a half bottle of red or white wine. Accommodation packages are also available.
Mercure Hull West Hotel, Grange Park Lane, Willerby, Hull, HU10 6EA T: 0845 815 9037
3. New Year package – The Royal Bridlington have options for residents and non-residents. Three nights arriving on December 30 and leaving January 2 costs from £260 per person and includes full board, pantomime tickets, in-house mixed dancing on New Year’s Eve and entertainment on January 1. For non-residents there’s a buffet and mixed dancing at £15 per person.
The Royal Hotel, 1 Shaftesbury Road, Bridlington, YO15 3NP T: 01262 672433
4. VIP Package – Revolution Hull is offering VIP Packages for its New Year’s Eve Party. AN NYE wristband gives party-goers a Champagne and canapé reception, standard drinks wristband, queue jump entry and private booth/area at £20 or there’s an NYE gold wristband with Champagne and canapé reception, premium drinks wristband, queue jump and private booth/area at £25.
Revolution, 33 Lowgate, Hull, HU1 1PB T: 01482 221359
5. Retro celebration – welcome in the New Year by dancing to past classics at the Hallmark Hotel, North Ferriby. It is offering a welcome cocktail, four course dinner and then dancing to a retro 70s band followed by a mix of party tunes before the midnight countdown. Overnight accommodation and full English breakfast on January 1. Prices start at £89 per person.
Hallmark Hotel Hull, Ferriby High Road, North Ferriby, HU14 3LG T: 01482 645212
6. Dinner dance – A New Year’s Eve Dinner Dance is being held in the heart of the city centre at the Kingston Theatre Hotel. Begin the festivities with canapés in the lounge at 7pm before tucking into a five course meal topped off with coffee and chocolates. The dinner dance costs £55 or accommodation packages are available including Champagne and chocolates in your room.
The Kingston Theatre Hotel, 1-2 Kingston Square, Hull, HU2 8DA T: 01482 225828
7. The 19th hole – enjoy a round on the golf course before getting ready for a gala dinner with this break at the Forest Pines Hotel and Golf Resort. The Gala ball features a five course dinner, traditional piper, live party band and resident DJ. For those not checking in, carriages are at 2am. Cost is £89 per guest for non-resident or £149 for one night with breakfast in the morning. Alternatively there’s a family break with party disco costing £49 per guest - £12.95 per child six to 12 – or £109 with accommodation.
Forest Pines Hotel and Golf Resort, Ermine Street, Broughton, near Brigg, DN20 0AQ T: 01652 650770
8. Buffet style – A Deluxe Grill Buffet and a night of entertainment is promised at Home Farm Brewers Fayre in Hull. The cost is £16.99 per person with buffet or £3 entry on the door for those just wanting a drink and to join in the disco. Home Farm is near the Humber Bridge in the town of Hessle which is at the start of the Yorkshire Wolds Way. So if you plan to over indulge, you could always check in at the Premier Inn and take a walk along the way on New Year’s Day.
Home Farm Brewers Fayre, Ferriby Road, Hessle, Hull, HU13 0JA, T: 01482 645285
Premier Inn Hull West, Ferriby Road, Hessle, Hull, HU13 0JA T: 0871 527 8538
9. Rock'n'roll bash – The Bullets Band will be taking to the stage on New Year’s Eve at the Springhead pub. The event runs from 7.30pm to late with tickets £10 including buffet. A family pub which dishes up home cooked fresh food, it has a beer garden for summer, five a side football pitch and kids play area. The Bullets are a five piece rock covers band from Hull.
Springhead, 56 Wolfreton Road, Anlaby, Hull, HU10 6QT T: 01482 652191
10. Casino night – Napoleons Casino and Restaurant has a special menu for New Year’s Eve served from 7pm plus bubbly served at midnight. Price per person is £52.50. Strictly over 18s. The Casino will be open from 2pm to 6am on New Year’s Eve.
Napoleons Casino and Restaurant, 193-203 George Street, Hull, H1 3BS T: 01482 221133