Two arson attacks on same home in Hull's Grove Street
POLICE are concerned after an occupied home was the target of two arson attacks in just 30 hours.
Detectives are investigating why the home in Grove Street, off Beverley Road, was attacked on Monday and then again on New Year's Day.
People were inside the property on both occasions and Detective Chief Inspector Simon Walker is looking into what possible motivation behind the attacks.
He said: "I have real concerns about this repeat attack that has seen two incidents in the space of just over 30 hours.
You ever dreamed of owning your own baby grand piano ? We can make it affordable with low-rate finance to suit you and its on offer as well save £850 with this voucher ! £6499
Contact: 01482 420006
Valid until: Saturday, August 31 2013
"We do not yet know why this address was targeted but we are conducting inquiries and are seeking help from the public to identify those responsible for these offences, which could clearly have had far more serious consequences.
"Anyone with any information should ring us as a matter of urgency."
Police were called just before 1.30am on Monday following a suspected arson attack.
The property was occupied at the time. The flames were extinguished and nobody was injured.
At about 8.30am on New Year's Day, a second fire occurred in the living room of the address, again believed to have been maliciously started.
The occupier managed to put out the fire.
Nobody was injured, although fire damage has been caused.
A 42-year-old man was arrested in connection with the first attack but has been released on bail pending further inquiries.
No one has been arrested for the second attack but the two are being linked.
Officers have carried out door-to-door inquiries and are also looking for any CCTV footage that could help.
Anyone with information should call police on non-emergency number 101.
The latest fires come a few weeks after a man had to be rescued from a neighbour's roof after a house fire in the same street.
Another man had to be rescued and a third was forced to flee the flames after the blaze broke out at the house.
On that occasion the blaze was started accidently by a cigarette.
The fire broke out at about 2pm on Saturday, December 8, in the living room of the terraced house in Grove Street.
One man was taken to Hull Royal Infirmary, suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation, while the other two were treated at the scene.