'We know people have information': Humberside Police meet wall of silence over west Hull petrol bombs
POLICE investigating two petrol bomb attacks on a west Hull home have been frustrated by a wall of silence.
Three tenants were terrified after petrol bombs were thrown through the windows of their home in Grove Street, off Beverley Road, Hull, on two consecutive days.
Further CCTV footage has been released in a bid to encourage people to come forward with information about the attacks.
Detectives said those inside the property could have been killed in the attacks and have made a further desperate plea for help to catch those responsible.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
Officers want to speak to the man in the latest CCTV images, along with the driver of a vehicle and a man sitting inside a vehicle outside Tesco around the time of one of the attacks.
Detective Chief Inspector Simon Walker, said: "In this reappeal, I am not going to say anything other than I have done before, we know people have information and they are simply not telling us and I want to know why.
"Somebody out there does know something and I want them to ask themselves what it is that is stopping them coming forward and speaking to police?
"This was an unprovoked attack on a the occupant of a property who has suffered for a number of years with cancer. She is extremely vulnerable, making the actions of the offender even more dangerous."
Although three people have been arrested and released on bail, police still need more information to piece it all together.
Det Chief Insp Walker said: "Officers have been making numerous enquiries and we have made three arrests but we need more information and people in the community really are our eyes and ears.
"I would like to thank all those people who have so far come forward and spoken to police, but there are still those people who hold that vital bit of information that we need to speak to.
"This is a persistent cowardly attack on law-abiding people, who have had to spend time away from their home and now return to try and rebuild what they have lost."
One of the victims revealed windows were smashed before petrol bombs were thrown into the house.
She said the consequences could have been much worse after one of them landed close to a gas cooker and boiler.
Those living in the house had to be moved to a safe-house for a few days.
The house was targeted on New Year's Eve and again on New Year's Day.
Both attacks involved someone throwing a brick through the window before throwing in a petrol bomb into the kitchen close to the gas cooker and boiler.
The first attack happened at 1.15am on New Year's Eve, when one of the other tenants was downstairs and heard something smash in the kitchen.
The second attack took place on New Year's Day at about 8.25am, when another brick and petrol bomb were thrown into the living room.
Nobody was injured, although fire damage was caused on each occasion.
Anyone with information should call Humberside Police on non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.