Fire service called to Hull school
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a school in west Hull this morning.
Humberside Fire and Rescue Service sent two engines to Thoresby Primary School, off Princes Avenue.
When the emergency crews arrived, they were told there had been an electrical fault on a light fitting.
The school caretaker had already dealt with the fault by the time the engines arrived.
The fire service was called to the school at 9.15am.
Gemma Hayat, 28, was taking her children to school when the fire engines arrived.
Her daughters Sophia, four, and Alisha, six, were told to wait outside.
Ms Hayat said: “It was caused by a light bulb in a year five or six classroom.
“As soon as the whistle went for children to go in, the teachers came out.
“It was a bit of a shock.”